and one last final thing....

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:54 pm

We need someone qualified to fill out this forum to become the club's safety officer.

http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf

If you have a scanner you should probably fill this out after printing and rescan it and post it on here. although I'm not entirely sure how it works. so we'll see how it goes.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Dillinger on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Shit gets a little serious here, we really can't have a safety officer signing off on no guns CoD fags, i think we should at least have to provide time stamped photos of people with their guns at a range or something, there will be less chance of a liability if we do this. Or if anyone else has any ideas..
avatar
Dillinger

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Agreed. This will have to be handled by the member in question unless he/she lives near our designated safety officer. I can't imagine most RO's giving a person to hard a time about signing this, and if so it might be time to find a new range. Personally I use a private range, but know a couple of officers that know I can shoot safely.
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  NuclearJesus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Maybe provide copies of CCW, NRA Quals, Military Proof, CMP etc.

NuclearJesus

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Gulf Shores, AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Being the clubs officer isn't the one required to fill out the page, options remain. Another issue is having the SO be someone trustworthy, if personal documents are going to be sent to him that is. I wouldn't post anything with sensitive data on the forums for privacy reasons. I'm sure we can work something out.
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm

JosepyK wrote:Being the clubs officer isn't the one required to fill out the page, options remain. Another issue is having the SO be someone trustworthy, if personal documents are going to be sent to him that is. I wouldn't post anything with sensitive data on the forums for privacy reasons. I'm sure we can work something out.

Right. I'm not entirely sure he needs to recieve personal details. all he needs to make sure of is the person in question knows all the safety rules and follows them accordingly. the CMP said that if the shooter in question that wants to order from us isn't certified then the SO can watch him fire 50 rounds with a rifle/gun, and if he clearly knows how to operate the gun and knows all the safety rules and the SO believes he is safe around weapons then he can sign off on it and order through the CMP.

it's at the end of the form HERE : http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Dillinger on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Is there any clear list on what qualifications a SO needs to have?
avatar
Dillinger

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Not sure... Maybe we can just get the person most qualified to be declared our SO.


also the tripfag in the /k/ thread is a gigantic faggot.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Dillinger on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Sounds good to me.

And yea he is a giant faggot.
avatar
Dillinger

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 am

can someone call and ask the CMP how we would fill out this form if we don't currently have a safety officer but will get one as soon as possible?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Dillinger on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:44 am

Has anyone called yet? If not I'll do so tomorrow and find out.
avatar
Dillinger

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Admin wrote:can someone call and ask the CMP how we would fill out this form if we don't currently have a safety officer but will get one as soon as possible?

You fill in the Name, etc... of however IS going to be the SO. It says someone MUST be identified. So we need a volunteer with the time and/or money to become certified. I'll look into it a little and see if I can pull it off, but I make no promises.
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Good good, If nobody can I'll just do it. Less personal info shared all around and seeing as how I'm the leader of the club it would be less of a hassle to coordinate with myself.

However, if somebody else DOES get qualified then I WILL let them become SO.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Reading is the key, OK so it's not a qualified RSO they want but rather a qualified INSTRUCTOR. I'm glad I double checked that shit.
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:11 pm

As an FYI check this link if interested in certification.
nrainstructors.org/CourseCatalog.aspx
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Dillinger on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:37 pm

I just don't like the idea of paying $100 for a 10 hour course teaching me things I most likely already know, and maybe one or two new things.
avatar
Dillinger

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Check your PMs, I'll send you one in a bit, dillinger
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Dillinger wrote:I just don't like the idea of paying $100 for a 10 hour course teaching me things I most likely already know, and maybe one or two new things.

I think we would need the instructors courses, which mostly teach how to teach i think. I'm looking at $200-$300 in my area.
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:24 pm

We might have a member who is eligible to become one already. He says he has a CHL which is http://tinyurl.com/7qh5ruc <--- this. I'll look into it to see if he is.

if he's not, however, one of us is going to have to make a promise to the CMP to obtain one as soon as possible.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Admin wrote:We might have a member who is eligible to become one already. He says he has a CHL which is (fuck the forums no links bullshit) <--- this. I'll look into it to see if he is.

if he's not, however, one of us is going to have to make a promise to the CMP to obtain one as soon as possible.

OK, I'm lost. Where did it say a CCW/CHL is sufficient to be the instructor/coach?
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:19 pm

JosepyK wrote:
Admin wrote:We might have a member who is eligible to become one already. He says he has a CHL which is (fuck the forums no links bullshit) <--- this. I'll look into it to see if he is.

if he's not, however, one of us is going to have to make a promise to the CMP to obtain one as soon as possible.

OK, I'm lost. Where did it say a CCW/CHL is sufficient to be the instructor/coach?

He's the most qualified.

But we got another one who might be willing to do it.

Having an officer possessing a CCW will greatly increase our chances of looking like an official club.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Admin wrote:
JosepyK wrote:
Admin wrote:We might have a member who is eligible to become one already. He says he has a CHL which is (fuck the forums no links bullshit) <--- this. I'll look into it to see if he is.

if he's not, however, one of us is going to have to make a promise to the CMP to obtain one as soon as possible.

OK, I'm lost. Where did it say a CCW/CHL is sufficient to be the instructor/coach?

He's the most qualified.

But we got another one who might be willing to do it.

Having an officer possessing a CCW will greatly increase our chances of looking like an official club.

Not arguing that, it was sounding as though everyone agreed that it was some end-all-be-all. If that is all it takes then fantastic (and if not he's willing to take the next step) let's rock and roll. I was just trying to make sure I didn't misunderstand something. Q&A will make sure none of us miss something important to our success.
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:40 pm

JosepyK wrote:
Admin wrote:
JosepyK wrote:
Admin wrote:We might have a member who is eligible to become one already. He says he has a CHL which is (fuck the forums no links bullshit) <--- this. I'll look into it to see if he is.

if he's not, however, one of us is going to have to make a promise to the CMP to obtain one as soon as possible.

OK, I'm lost. Where did it say a CCW/CHL is sufficient to be the instructor/coach?

He's the most qualified.

But we got another one who might be willing to do it.

Having an officer possessing a CCW will greatly increase our chances of looking like an official club.

Not arguing that, it was sounding as though everyone agreed that it was some end-all-be-all. If that is all it takes then fantastic (and if not he's willing to take the next step) let's rock and roll. I was just trying to make sure I didn't misunderstand something. Q&A will make sure none of us miss something important to our success.

I'll admit for a few minutes I was beginning to believe a CCW was qualifying. But I looked it up and I can't find any requirements for a safety officer of the club.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  JosepyK on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Admin wrote:
JosepyK wrote:
Admin wrote:
JosepyK wrote:
Admin wrote:We might have a member who is eligible to become one already. He says he has a CHL which is (fuck the forums no links bullshit) <--- this. I'll look into it to see if he is.

if he's not, however, one of us is going to have to make a promise to the CMP to obtain one as soon as possible.

OK, I'm lost. Where did it say a CCW/CHL is sufficient to be the instructor/coach?

He's the most qualified.

But we got another one who might be willing to do it.

Having an officer possessing a CCW will greatly increase our chances of looking like an official club.

Not arguing that, it was sounding as though everyone agreed that it was some end-all-be-all. If that is all it takes then fantastic (and if not he's willing to take the next step) let's rock and roll. I was just trying to make sure I didn't misunderstand something. Q&A will make sure none of us miss something important to our success.

I'll admit for a few minutes I was beginning to believe a CCW was qualifying. But I looked it up and I can't find any requirements for a safety officer of the club.

The only thing I've found so far is on the application, where it says the person needs to be a "qualified instructor" or will be soon. Hence the NRA instructor courses I referenced.
avatar
JosepyK

Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 32
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 pm

We have a range / safety officer who will sign off on your forms so as long as ALL criteria is met and he believes you're a responsible firearms owner. How we're going to do this is by you posting a video going through 50 rounds of ammunition in your chosen gun at a range while showing good firearm handling and anything mentioned on this list: http://www.odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf

The range / safety officer Will be Abyss. Here's his forum profile.

http://kommandos.forumotion.com/u29
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-02-14

View user profile http://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: and one last final thing....

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum