The Armchair kommandos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New rifle should arrive this week...

5 posters

Go down

New rifle should arrive this week... Empty New rifle should arrive this week...

Post  wgoeken Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 am

I traded for a Para TTR from North Carolina (Illinoisfag here), and it should arrive this week (USPS Priority mail, so it could be in two days or two weeks).

I did a great deal of research on it, and it seems that the few negative reviews that anyone had about it were very biased... it seems to be a solid platform, and it got the NRA Golden Bullseye Award in 2010, so that must be worth something.

Either way, I'm SUPER stoked. I'm probably just going to slap a bipod and/or vertical grip on it, as well as a red dot scope (I might buy an EoTech in a few months).

Thoughts?

New rifle should arrive this week... 018-Para-TTR-1

wgoeken

Back to top Go down

New rifle should arrive this week... Empty Re: New rifle should arrive this week...

Post  K177 Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 am

Looks nice, saw a couple videos of people shooting it and it seems like almost everyone has the top rail/front sight fall off after firing 15-20 shots. I looked at para's site and found out why, "Having the recoil system up front over the barrel puts it where it naturally pushes the rifle back down on target instead of up and into your shoulder.". What did you trade for it if you don't mind?
K177
K177

Back to top Go down

New rifle should arrive this week... Empty Re: New rifle should arrive this week...

Post  wgoeken Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:36 pm

An Armalite A2 upper / Eagle Arms lower and a Bushmaster XM15. And as for the top rail coming off, only a couple of people had that problem, and if I use an optic with a quick-release mount, I can mount it over the joint in the rail between the upper and the handguard, so it won't go anywhere.

wgoeken

Back to top Go down

Post  JosepyK Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:36 pm

So how is it working out for you?
JosepyK
JosepyK

Back to top Go down

Post  wgoeken Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Unfortunately, I still don't have it; The post office was going to deliver it to the FFL holder on Saturday, but they were closed... and since today is President's day, I still was unable to pick it up.
My fingers are crossed; hopefully I will have it tomorrow.

wgoeken

Back to top Go down

Post  hestheone Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm

I am going to guess you have the rifle by now. So? Shoot it yet? Planning on an optic?

hestheone

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 pm

hestheone wrote:I am going to guess you have the rifle by now. So? Shoot it yet? Planning on an optic?

I'm not entirely sure the OP of this thread still visits these forums.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wgoeken Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:51 pm

GAH!
Sorry, I've been super busy lately.

It was AMAZING. Very low recoil, and SUPER clean! After 180 rounds, the chamber was VERY clean... I ran my finger in the upper receiver, and had NO carbon on my finger.

The ONLY gripe I have is that the foregrip and rail over the barrel get pretty toasty... but I've got a vertical grip on it, so it's not a big problem at all.

I put a really small red dot sight on it, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it with the optic on it... not sure what optic option I want to go with ultimately quite yet.

The ergonomics are great... it has a wonderful pistol grip, and I actually like the stock.

Verdict:
BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT.

I love it far more than my Bushmaster or Armalite.

wgoeken

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:28 pm

wgoeken wrote:GAH!
Sorry, I've been super busy lately.

It was AMAZING. Very low recoil, and SUPER clean! After 180 rounds, the chamber was VERY clean... I ran my finger in the upper receiver, and had NO carbon on my finger.

The ONLY gripe I have is that the foregrip and rail over the barrel get pretty toasty... but I've got a vertical grip on it, so it's not a big problem at all.

I put a really small red dot sight on it, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it with the optic on it... not sure what optic option I want to go with ultimately quite yet.

The ergonomics are great... it has a wonderful pistol grip, and I actually like the stock.

Verdict:
BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT.

I love it far more than my Bushmaster or Armalite.

How much did it run you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wgoeken Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Bushmaster XM-15 and an Armalite/Eagle Arms; I think the dealer had it listed for $1300

wgoeken

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:47 pm

wgoeken wrote:Bushmaster XM-15 and an Armalite/Eagle Arms; I think the dealer had it listed for $1300
Jesus Christ too rich for me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wgoeken Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Completely worth it, bud; it's a wonderful rifle.

wgoeken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum