The Armchair kommandos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ -Common Questions- ******GETTING STARTED******

4 posters

Go down

FAQ -Common Questions- ******GETTING STARTED****** Empty FAQ -Common Questions- ******GETTING STARTED******

Post  Admin Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Since some people are doing this wrong, here's a tutorial in FAQ format.

Q: How do I sign up?
A: To sign up simply email the admin (hellstudios666@yahoo.com) with your Name and Address. He'll send you A card with your name and membership number which you will print out, sign, and date.

The Format Should be this:
Full Name
Address
Phone number(not required)

I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY PMs AS MY INBOX DOES NOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY HALF THE TIME. DIRECTLY EMAIL ME TO CONTACT ME.

Q: I haven't received any email back from you!
A: That either means I missed you or have been away from the computer. wait a full day before emailing me again to prevent excessive spamming. This also could be from you emailing me through the forums. Do not do this. As half the time it does not send. You must email me directly. That means going into your email provider of choice and composing a message.

Q: Can I laminate my card?
A: Yes, You can. I have had multiple people ask me this. There's no problem with laminating your card.

Q: Are we affiliated with the CMP?
A: Yes, See this Link.

Q: How do I order from the CMP?
A: Please see this Link And This as Well.

Q: The CMP says they require something called "Proof of Marksmanship". What is that?
A: The Proof of Marksmanship form is something you must have filled out by an LEO or Qualified RO. However, Hunter Safety cards, CCL's(Concealed Carry licenses) or something similar can replace this form. If you Have any questions regarding this matter, Just call or email CMP Customer Support about it.

Q: I'm in a completely different state than you! Can I still join?
A: Yes, we're a national club.

Q: Are there any requirements to join the club?
A: There are no requirements to join the club. Anyone who wants to join who is over the age of 18 and a legal citizen of the US can join.

Q: Is there a membership fee?
A: No. There is absolutely no membership fee. Joining this club is free.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FAQ -Common Questions- ******GETTING STARTED****** Empty Re: FAQ -Common Questions- ******GETTING STARTED******

Post  anon_ Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 pm

do you need our full name or first name and last initial?

anon_

Back to top Go down

FAQ -Common Questions- ******GETTING STARTED****** Empty Re: FAQ -Common Questions- ******GETTING STARTED******

Post  Admin Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:26 pm

anon_ wrote:do you need our full name or first name and last initial?

Full.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  C.T Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Q: How do I order from the CMP?

Not sure if you covered this but one of the requirements is:

"Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity."

Any way we can use the club to establish this?

I found a link for the paper work but not sure if we can do something with it.

odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf

It's just a form stating that the person knows firearm safety. Ex. Trigger discipline, Muzzle swiping, etc.

It can be signed and dated by a member of the club.
C.T
C.T

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:15 pm

C.T wrote:Q: How do I order from the CMP?

Not sure if you covered this but one of the requirements is:

"Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity."

Any way we can use the club to establish this?

I found a link for the paper work but not sure if we can do something with it.

odcmp.com/competitions/forms/marksmanship.pdf

It's just a form stating that the person knows firearm safety. Ex. Trigger discipline, Muzzle swiping, etc.

It can be signed and dated by a member of the club.

you're actually going to have to go to a range to get that filled out. Although CCLs and hunter safety cards apparently can substitute that form.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GruntyAssassin Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:45 pm

I know it's not finished being coded yet but why when I go to verify membership on the website, it redirects me back to the form and says to fill in all fields?

Is it just because this is all new and not finished yet? Or because the admin spelled my name wrong in the database or gave me the wrong membership code?

GruntyAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:35 am

GruntyAssassin wrote:I know it's not finished being coded yet but why when I go to verify membership on the website, it redirects me back to the form and says to fill in all fields?

Is it just because this is all new and not finished yet? Or because the admin spelled my name wrong in the database or gave me the wrong membership code?

It doesn't have any information in the database yet so it won't work, sent Admin an email about it, I've been really busy and had no time to do anything really. The forum is done on my part and ready for use. I just need something to put for the blurb on the main site that links to the membership checker and forum if anyone who is better with wording would like to write something for it.
Abyss
Abyss

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:36 am

Abyss wrote:
GruntyAssassin wrote:I know it's not finished being coded yet but why when I go to verify membership on the website, it redirects me back to the form and says to fill in all fields?

It doesn't have any information in the database yet so it won't work, sent Admin an email about it, I've been really busy and had no time to do anything really. The forum is done on my part and ready for use. I just need something to put for the blurb on the main site that links to the membership checker and forum if anyone who is better with wording would like to write something for it.
I haven't received your email man.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 04, 2012 4:30 am

Admin wrote:
Abyss wrote:

I haven't received your email man.
I received your message on the forums but am unable to reply to you. so I sent you an email, hopefully you got it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum