The Armchair kommandos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you buying? (other than a garand)

+18
smuglianka
Mini 14
FL-SlavShitOwner
Berz
Andy !WJc663PH8U
GarandThumb
Triadhaze
Overkill
NuggetMan
MaineFag
touring_fan
Homersexual
SeriousMosin
csworldfan
Admin
K177
spanky_mcgivens
JosepyK
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are you buying? (other than a garand) - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you buying? (other than a garand)

Post  Overkill Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:13 pm

An AR type weapon to accompany my slav-shit when I get the money. You guys know how it is, poorfags gonna poor.

Overkill

Back to top Go down

What are you buying? (other than a garand) - Page 2 Empty My next purchase? Other than a Grand?

Post  Triadhaze Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Well, I was planning to get a WASR 10/63 this week, but now with this whole Garand business, I am putting the WASR off for a while. The Garand is much more worth it to me.

Last edited by Triadhaze on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Triadhaze
Triadhaze

Back to top Go down

What are you buying? (other than a garand) - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you buying? (other than a garand)

Post  GarandThumb Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:59 am

Something in a Soviet caliber, maybe. Either a non-Norinco SKS or building my first AR with a 5.45 upper.
GarandThumb
GarandThumb

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy !WJc663PH8U Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:42 am

1.) Finish my AR build. right now that means the LMT MRP Rifle Length Upper and the Noveske Barrel.
2.) USFA Rodeo, .45LC, 4 3/4" Barrel
3.) Kel-Tec KSG because I've played with them and they're the future.
4.) PTR-91, because G3 mags are cheap and Winter Is Coming.
5.) Pre-89 reciever'd Finnish M39
6.) Kimber Solo
Andy !WJc663PH8U
Andy !WJc663PH8U

http://www.true-solutions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm thinking of buying finnish style barrel bands(the kind that screw on) for my nugget. these Russian ones really dig into the wood when you try to loosen them.

anybody got any idea where I'd get those?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berz Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Now that i finally have a C&R so i don't have to pay the bullshit high transfer fee the only nearby gunstore imposes, i'm looking into fulfilling my dream of owning a colt 1903 pocket hammerless. It's the first and pretty much only semi auto i've shot and i've been enamored with them ever since my first shoot. What are you buying? (other than a garand) - Page 2 Pix183394847

jackson armory has several in good operating condition for similar prices, gonna call them tomorrow and ask which would be best for casual shooting per month. I know they're century old collectors items but that doesn't really concern me, i just wanna shoot it.
Berz
Berz

Back to top Go down

Post  FL-SlavShitOwner Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 pm

thinking about an AK in 5.45x39 maybe a converted saiga

FL-SlavShitOwner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:32 am

FL-SlavShitOwner wrote:thinking about an AK in 5.45x39 maybe a converted saiga
You know They make WASRs in 5.45 x 39. Wasr 2 I think it is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommandos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini 14 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:34 am

Sticking true to my Garand style bolt, I have been craving an M1A
Mini 14
Mini 14

Back to top Go down

Post  smuglianka Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Building two AK types, and possibly buying a match grade M1 Garand from my dad's old prospector friend.

First AK is a Milled Type III AKS/AK-47 underfolder. So far I just have a NOS hammer forged Polytech Legend barrel, but that's all I really need to make it epic. Should cost $900 or so after building, polishing, and bluing. I'm trying to out-do Mike_F with his Izhevsk build from avtomats-in-action.com, which won't be hard to do since I'm using a CNC warrior receiver where the specs/serial will be behind the trigger guard under the pistol grip (Unlike his Firing Line receiver with the ugly exposed eagle and specs on the side). Not to mention I'll be getting a REAL blue job, not some junky polycoat.

Another I may or may not do is an AMD-65 SBR build just for shits and giggles. Basically the only thing special about it is the original barrel length, a custom gas tube with Zastava handguards, one of the custom stock adaptions for AMDs (May just stick an U/F on it instead) a checkered fat wooden pistol grip, and an SVD flash hider..

Admin wrote:
FL-SlavShitOwner wrote:thinking about an AK in 5.45x39 maybe a converted saiga
You know They make WASRs in 5.45 x 39. Wasr 2 I think it is.
Spot welded plates instead of mag dimples? Ew, I'd rather not. Just get a saiga or a converted saiga.
smuglianka
smuglianka

Back to top Go down

Post  __hollywood Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 pm

saiga 12 and sig 2022 (dont they offer this in 357?)
__hollywood
__hollywood

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Moloch Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 am

__hollywood wrote:saiga 12 and sig 2022 (dont they offer this in 357?)
Not at the moment. It is made in .40 and someone might make a conversion barrel for it soon. Likely EFK if anyone.

I just got a P226, so there are no purchases for me for another 3 months or so at least. It'll likely be the Winchester Super X though.

The_Moloch

Back to top Go down

Post  __hollywood Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 am

ah crap. i dont want 9mm, have mixed feelings on the .40

a 226 huh? thats awesome, i was looking into a 229 until i ruminated on the fact that i could get a shotgun and 2022 for about the same price. i dont mind polymer!
__hollywood
__hollywood

Back to top Go down

Post  chazbotic Fri May 25, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm looking to swap out the 20" HBAR on my AR for an 18" SPR one. Other than that I'm looking at an HK54 or maybe an AK of some kind. Probably both.

chazbotic

Back to top Go down

Post  ZM1306 Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:56 pm

My list has

Tokarev with lot of ammo

Ruger 22/45 with
threaded barrel and suppressor
flashlight/laser combo under barrel

gonna be fun just need to wait till my SR1911 comes in sooo like never (cry)
ZM1306
ZM1306

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2